Saturday, May 24, 2008

Trillian Multiple Vulnerabilities

Since I have friends and family who use the different IM clients and I also use IRC, Trillian is the perfect alternative for me rather than having multiple clients running. However, I discovered today that Securia reported several highly critical vulnerabilities in Trillian, popular instant messaging client.

As you will note when reading the report at Certified Bug:
Your Trillian client may not inform you of the updates. I used the drop down menu, “Check for updates” and was informed no updates were available.
Unlike Certified Bug, when I clicked Help > Check for updates . . . I was offered the update for Trillian. However, if the update was not offered and you download the latest version, it is very important that you pay close attention during the installation. Otherwise, you may be in for a couple of unwanted extras.

See the full report at Certified Bug.




Remember - "A day without laughter is a day wasted."
May the wind sing to you and the sun rise in your heart...

No comments: