Wednesday, July 04, 2007

ESET - The Best Just Got Better!

As I have mentioned, I am using ESET NOD32 on my laptop running Windows Vista Ultimate. Since NOD32 updates seamlessly, I really have no need to visit the website. However, the other day, a link from a forum or a question on something or another sent me to the ESET website.

Looking around, I found a couple of interesting features that I added to my notes for helping on the forums. Today, I learned from Nellie 2 of a new, free, on-line scanner ESET has made available:
"ESET Online Scanner is a free Web-based service that enables computer users to perform a comprehensive system scan to check for and clean viruses, spyware, and other malware—without uninstalling their existing antivirus solution."
The ESET Online Scanner works with Microsoft Windows 98/ME/NT/2000/XP/2003 and Windows Vista.

The other helpful information I referred to above from ESET include links to uninstallers for Symantec, Trend Micro, and McAfee. The link is provided below. For specific virus infections not removed by your antivirus software, check the ESET Free Virus Remover.


References:






Remember - "A day without laughter is a day wasted."
May the wind sing to you and the sun rise in your heart...

No comments: