Oracle released yet another out-of-band critical security update which addresses CVE-2016-0636 which is remotely exploitable without authentication.
If Java is still on your computer, it is strongly advised that this update be installed as soon as possible.
Download InformationDownload link: Java SE 8u77
Verify your version: http://www.java.com/en/download/testjava.jsp
- UNcheck any pre-checked toolbar and/or software options presented with the update. They are not part of the software update and are completely optional.
- Be sure to uninstall all previous versions of Java.
- Starting with Java SE 7 Update 21 in April 2013, all Java Applets and Web Start Applications should be signed with a trusted certificate. It is not recommended to run untrusted/unsigned Certificates. See How to protect your computer against dangerous Java Applets
Critical Patch UpdatesThe next scheduled dates of Oracle Java SE Critical Patch Updates are as follows:
- 19 April 2016
- 19 July 2016
- 18 October 2016
- 17 January 2017
- Release Notes
- Oracle Security Alert for CVE-2016-0636
- Java, The Never-Ending Saga
- Oracle Quality Assurance Blog
Remember - "A day without laughter is a day wasted."
May the wind sing to you and the sun rise in your heart...